Dads Take your Child to School Day
Madison County High School celebrated “Dads Take Your Child to School Day,” this morning, September 23, 2019. This statewide initiative of the Florida Department of Education to encourage fathers and male role models to become involved in the education of their children as a means for increasing student achievement.
Guest Speaker was MCSD Board member, Mr. Reginald Daniels. Also each male figure present did the pledge to support their child.
- Support my child’s teacher and school in providing a high-quality education and ensuring that education remains a priority in my household.
- Set high expectations for my child’s educational success.
- Stay informed about my child’s academic and behavioral progress.
- Volunteer at my child’s school throughout the year when possible.
- Encourage my child to do his/her best every day.
Our School Mission Statement for our Fathers
- To initiate and encourage father involvement in schools
- Through Dads Take your Child to School Day, we hope this will be an inroad to engaging fathers and significant male caregivers becoming more involved in their children’s education
- Father involvement in schools is associated with improvements by students in academic, behavior, and social skills.
This event is getting bigger in participation year after year. Thanks to all those that attended this year’s event.
Special thanks to Mrs. Primm and Mrs. Griffin for all their efforts in making this a success!